Friday, May 16, 2008

Review:Star Wars:Legacy of the Force: Invincible by Troy Denning

Review of Star Wars:Legacy of the Force: Invincible by Troy Denning

Spoiler Alert! Those who don't wish to be spoiled, don't continue!


For those who do not know me well. I have always been a Star Wars nerd. I actually read all the books that come out but I have never bothered to review them, it's just not something I review. Star Wars novels are some of the few novels that I actually go out and buy to read. I make time for these books. And this book is the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows of Star Wars books, or at least this series

I won't give a detailed back story because A) you know it and don't need to hear it or B) you don't know it and don't care.

But us Star Wars fans have been forced to say goodbye to yet another character.

I honestly didn't take this one has hard as Mara Jade. I guess I was just shocked that it actually ended this way, with Mara I think we all saw it coming.

BIG SPOILERS! DON"T BLAME ME IT YOU KEEP READING

Jacen is redeemed in the end, which ever way you wish to look at it. Darth Caedus becomes Jacen in his last moments on Earth. Do I dislike/despise Jaina for doing it? YES! Can you blame her? no.......

He gave up, he accepted his fate and did all that he could. I liked Jaina's point of perhaps he did succeed at uniting the galaxy. Yes, he succeeded in saving the galaxy and he sacrificed his family, his name, his reputation and his life for it-but he did it. He ended the war and saved his daughter. He also, I believe, is the first Sith Lord to redeem themselves. Jacen did not need any sort of big ending. He actual faced his enemy in the eyes and deactivates his lightsaber. That my friends-is just as heroic as Darth Vader saving Luke Skywalker are the Second Death Star. Yes, he killed many and I'm not forgetting that. But against what anyone says, I do believe Jacen died heroically and on "the good" side. I really wish we would get to see more Force Ghost in Star Wars canon-I think Del Ray forgot about them-so maybe possibly some day we sill see Jacen that way.

R.I.P. Jacen Solo-joining the list of characters that Del Ray has killed off.....*cough*chewbacca*cough*mara*cough*anakinsolo*cough*cough*

May you live on in fanfiction always.............

2 comments:

Juanita's Journal said...

I didn't care how Jaina killed Jacen. I don't dislike her for what she had done. But I don't like what she had done. I found it disturbingly similar to Luke's actions against Lumiya.

Aiden said...

I still wish Jacen wasn't killed off. He was, whether or not you like to admit it, the only character worthy of killing Luke Skywalker. Dont get me wrong, i was relieved Luke wasn't killed, but now what?? The One Sith??!! Bunch of jokers sitting around sharing their darkside stories. Jacen was a true Sithlord. What Jaina did was unforgivable, she could of given him 2 seconds to explain himself, regardless of his power. I feel disappointed with the ending of this series and i personally feel the future continuity has been let down, yet another solid, strong character gone. NJO Traiter anybody??? And if this series was about the era of Luke etc, couldn't they have given him one last confrontation/showdown with Cadeus? I dont care about the history of the Falcon, or Jaina and her love triangle, or Ben either for that matter (He's no Anakin.), Tenal Ka and Allana dont do it for me either. Anybody agree or disagree with me?